County Road 26, between County Road 37 west of Altura and Highway 74 in Elba, will be closed to through traffic beginning at 7 a.m. on June 21 for a bridge replacement project.
The detour route will send traffic south to Highway 14 — along county roads 33, 119, and 39 — before routing it back north. The closure is anticipated to last through mid-September.
The Winona County Highway Department reminds motorists entering work zones that safety is the responsibility of all:
• Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
• Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
• Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
• Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
• Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
• Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.