Monday, May 24
• At 12:58 p.m. officers received a report that a car trailer was stolen on the 450 block of East Second Street.
• At 5:10 p.m. officers cited Timothy Paul Schmalenberg, 25, of Winona, with theft after he allegedly stole several pairs of headphones at Target.
• At 9:36 p.m. officers received a report that someone punched someone else in the face on Links Lane. Officers are waiting for both parties to submit statements about the event before referring any potential charges to the county attorney.
Tuesday, May 25
• At 10:07 a.m. officers received a report that a yellow and white Honda moped was stolen on the 650 block of West Sarnia Street.
Wednesday, May 26
• At 6:27 p.m. officers received a report that a blue wallet was stolen from a vehicle on the 900 block of Frontenac Drive.
• A 22-year-old Winona man was charged with carrying a pistol in a vehicle without a permit and illegally transporting a firearm in a vehicle. According to the Winona Police Department, officers received a report that Derrell Lamont Walker allegedly waved a gun at someone while leaving a house. Officers located Walker in a vehicle near Eighth and Chestnut streets. They allegedly found a black Smith and Wesson Shield nine millimeter handgun in a bag in the vehicle’s front seat.
Thursday, May 27
• At 9:27 a.m. deputies arrested Mark Halley Smith, 46, of Utica, and referred him to the county attorney for a potential charge of domestic assault causing fear and harm after he allegedly kicked someone the day prior in Utica.
• Prosecutors charged Seng Vang, 67, of Camp Douglas, Wis., with fourth-degree driving while intoxicated following a one-vehicle accident at Gilmore Ridge Drive and Gilmore Valley Road outside of Winona. The accident took place on January 2, and deputies awaited blood test results before referring the case to prosecutors.