The start date for the bridge rehabilitation project on Winona County Road 17 has been pushed back until Monday, April 19, at the earliest, due to forecasted low overnight temperatures next week that would hamper placement and curing of concrete patches and extend lane closure times.
Lane closures will begin at 8 a.m. on April 19 for a bridge rehabilitation project on Winona County Road 17, 300 feet south of the Highway 43 intersection near Minnesota State College Southeast.
Traffic will be routed to one side of the bridge at a time and limited to one lane in each direction during the project.
The lane closures are anticipated to last through the week.
The Winona County Highway Department reminds motorists entering work zones that safety is the responsibility of all:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.