You’ve got options
With recent reports illustrating the growing number of uninsured Americans across the country, MNsure is reminding Minnesotans that there are options. For those who have lost their health insurance, seen a change in income, or experienced a qualifying life event, enrollment opportunities may be available.
“The last couple of months has brought tremendous uncertainty to many families across the state,” said MNsure CEO Nate Clark. “It’s important that Minnesotans know there are enrollment opportunities available if they lose their health insurance. MNsure is here to help.”
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 100,000 Minnesotans have come through MNsure to find health insurance coverage.
For new customers, you may be eligible to enroll if:
• You were enrolled in a plan off MNsure and it became unaffordable
• You lost or are losing coverage through your job
• You are eligible for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare (an individual making less than $25,520 may be eligible) or are a member of a federally recognized American Indian tribe
For current customers, a decrease in income may change your eligibility:
• You become newly eligible for an advanced premium tax credit (APTC).
• You become eligible for no- or low-cost coverage through Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare.
• You become eligible for an increased APTC.
You may change plans or make changes to your current plan because you or someone in your household lost or is losing insurance through a job.
Current customers should report income changes right away. Additional information may be found at MNsure.org.
All four medical insurance companies that sell private health insurance plans through MNsure are waiving co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles related to COVID-19 diagnostic testing, and cost sharing for in-network COVID-19 hospitalization. Additionally, the Minnesota Department of Human Services has removed any cost-sharing for the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 for all Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare members.
Help is available:
• MNsure has a statewide network of expert assisters who can help Minnesotans apply and enroll over the phone, free of charge.
• MNsure’s online help tools may be used to access frequently requested services.
• The MNsure Contact Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday through Friday at 651-539-2099 or 855-366-7873.
MNsure is Minnesota’s health insurance marketplace where individuals and families may shop, compare and choose health insurance coverage that meets their needs. MNsure is the only place you can apply for financial help to lower the cost of your monthly insurance premium and out-of-pocket costs. Most Minnesotans who enroll through MNsure qualify for financial help.